Saturday 20 June 2020

Incident Report 74399 2020 JIMMY BOOM SEMTEX poem

Incident Report 74399 2020

JIMMY BOOM SEMTEX


Music Made Me

I made it belong to me and it still does

Decades later the tracks are the same

Am I identical to the teenager?

At first I refused to listen to songs

But sooner than later it happened

My own path and choice and way

There was The Beach Boys and Frankie

A very varied mix of quality music

But it was one song and band

It changed everything in 86

The Bangles Manic Monday

One listen and I was hooked

And got the record and was fine

For I had an identity and a band

They set the musical bench mark

Over the decades many followed

T'Pau and All About Eve and

Pat Benatar and Joan Jett in 88

Voice of the Beehive in 91

And so many more awesome groups

Real bands doing real songs

80s, goth, rock, metal, indie,

Alternative, punk and more

My life soundtrack saying this:

Fuck the mindless idiots!

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.