Monday 2 March 2020

One Regret

One Regret
I wanted to fly and be a fighter pilot
From my youngest age
Shooting enemy Soviet planes down
Before they could nuke us
The sky called to me
A lofty cavern of air and clouds
But my dream was just a dream
For when I was 14 my eyesight went bad
I couldn't see the blackboard
And had to copy my mates work
I had an eye test and it was true
My eyesight had got worse
I was short sighted and had to wear glasses
They said my eyes would be fine in 6 months
It was the biggest lie I was told till then
My eyes got worse each year
So there was no chance of being a pilot
Added to average grades
And my discipline issue
I never joined the Royal Air Force
Even though I was a cadet for years
And visited active Air Force bases
And spent the day as an armourer
Putting bombs on a Tornado bomber
If only I'd have joined up
And been an armourer
My only life regret

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.