Wednesday 1 February 2017

Aurora's Night Jimmy Boom Semtex

The week later, I entered the comp and won! Can you believe it? Me, the winner with my small paper plane. The more experienced 'teams' weren't impressed! Did they know I was a 'Skunk'? Working for Kelly Johnson's world famous Skunk Works. I bet they did.
***
One week after that, I was called into the boss' office. Why? Had I screwed up my job? Had a jet crashed? No, I'm too good. Why then? Did I talk when pissed when I was in bed with Sally? The hot bar girl I met. You should have seen her legs. Went on forever! No. The boss read me like a plane book!
"Relax son. I've a job for you, if you want it. You know how we work here. Hush hush. I heard about your paper plane win. Well done. Listen... build us a plane. The coolest plane ever built. You up for it?"
I nodded.
"Build us a Blackbird replacement. She needs replacing."
"Wow!" I exclaimed. "I'll do it."
"It needs to be twice as fast, fly twice as far unrefueled and twenty five percent higher. We've got a new engine design team. They're good. They made an engine. We call it the 'Donut'. You'll see why when we test it. It's new..."
I drank my coffee that my boss' secretary gave me. It was good. You should try it. I looked at the desktop plane models of his: U-2, SR-71, F-104, C-130 and the other secret ones. Wow! Wish I could tell my mum. She's gone. A nasty bout of cancer last year. Things aren't the same now...

"Glad you're on the team."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.