Friday 13 January 2017

It’ll Have to Do

It’ll Have to Do
I’m in my Aussie built Beaufort plane having some fun.
No, not that type of fun! That comes later, if I get back.
I’m shooting up Japanese soldiers and trucks.
You could say I’m having a barrel of laughs.
Down go my four bombs and blow them to hell.
Soldiers of Nippon on a one way trip.
No mercy for these Jap fuckers!
Remember Rangoon, Corregidor and Singapore.
I’m gunning them down with my wing guns.
Fifty cal rounds hitting home with deadly effect.
Joining the 303s fired by the navigator.
I pull up and turn sharply giving the GIBs a go.
The side gunner hoses them down with his Vickers K.
And the turret gunner gives them some more 50 cal.
Having a whale of a time in our outdated little plane.
A light bomber doing the job of a medium.
I love flying my Beaufort and will do till the end.
I either die, get a new plane or we win the war.
We never started it but we’re sure as hell gonna finish it.
Determined Aussies in a make do British plane.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.