Thursday 2 April 2020

Builder Job

Builder Job
After my disastrous two years
Working in the motor trade 
That ended in a street racing a car crash 
I did a short term building job
In the summer before I went on holiday
I needed cash for a lad's week away
Where we would drink and have fun
At Butlin's in Wales
The job was with a mate's relative
We were to remove the roof off a mill
Then replace it with a new one
This involved removing the tar
It was replaced with concrete and new tar
I broke a guy's thumb by accident!
One had the pick and the other the shovel
I hated going up the ladder three floors up!
I could easily of fallen off to my death
And there was no way I was going on scaffolding
It scared the hell out of me!
We listened to Radio 1 and Steve Wright
Music and a laugh was always there
There were some building legends 
They ran up the ladder with cement bags
One on each shoulder and one on the head!
We set up a bucket pulley system for it
Feeding the cement mixers was hard
They were hungry machines
I found out about new muscles!
We ate dinner from the local chippy
And flirted with nice gals in the mill opposite
I wish we'd have gone in to them
And fucked them on the shop floor
I also signed on and claimed dole
Changing my clothes to do so
Then going back to work!
The job eventually ended
We all went away and got drunk
Chased gals and went clubbing
That was a good time before the bakery
Summer 90 ended my crap car trade career
I finally had direction and self belief

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.