Monday 6 April 2020

All About Eve


All About Eve
These were the band of my teens 
I saw gig many times
I liked The Bangles more 
But never saw them live back then
The Eve's were my fave alternative 80s band

I still love them decades later but then they rocked
Gothic music with surreal female vocals
Julianne Regan was the goth icon of the day
The band's videos were award winning
And the songs both memorable and cool

They were the right band at the right time
I saw them over a dozen times
All over northern England and met Jules
She was a wonderful lady and for a while
We were friends and pen pals

Her band name was my first tattoo
I was 20 and it was 1991
I loved them since 88
Perfection exists
Even back then




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.