Wednesday 1 January 2020

Miss-identified


Miss-identified
They said do not change seats on the plane
For we know your name and where you are sat
I am called Fred and I was sat in the aisle seat
I wanted to sit by the window and see the view
Especially as the big Boeing flying boat took off
The water looked so blue and lovely as we sped along
We took off and it was worth changing seats
The elderly man understood and changed
The view was awesome and to die for
The big engines pulling us along to the sky
When we arrived in New York I’d tell my mum
It was Christmas and I had been staying with my aunt
The trip was six hours and I got to look out the window
I would get into trouble if the airline clerks found out
If we crashed and burned or eaten by fish
They would go off our name and seat number
Matching it up to our ticket and passport
I was too young to have a passport
But that was fine for we were safe in the plane
Boeing built big safe planes especially water ones
Just wait till I told my mum about the view
From our big beautiful Boeing flying boat...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.