Wednesday 20 February 2019

Merc Secret Plane Stories by Jimmy Boom Semtex


“We were faster than them and could out climb them but they out turned us and were more agile. Bert tried to turn in a horizontal fight with a Mig 17, he never made it. The Mig zipped round and blew him apart. Bert never had a chance. I climbed way up above the Mig to dive down on him with my superior speed and get him with a missile shot. He saw me when I was climbing up and pulled his nose up and took a shot at me. I remember seeing his tracer shells arcing up in two separate streams and falling away out of range. He now knew he was dead. I took my time climbing four thousand feet above him. I kept my throttles on max in my climb, using the water to boost my max engine power. At the top of my climb I killed the water and lit my burners and came down like the Devil. I locked up the Mig that killed my wingman and fired a single Sidewinder. In those days we could only get the enemy from the back or above and in the rear where his engine heat was. This I did and my missile blew him to bits. There was nothing left and I had my second kill, my first with a missile,” Bubba quietly continued. I ordered two more beers, he insisted on paying the bar tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.