Friday 8 February 2019

Europa 3 Nick Armbrister and Andy N


Europa 3


Nick Armbrister and Andy N

Bridge Building


We dug in the mud we used sticks
When we found bits of wreckage I was happy
When I heard the soldiers talk of ghosts I was in disbelief
When I realized I was here by fate I was fine
When I knew my Goddess guided me I was chilled
When my Hello Kitty tumbler fell I knew
When we knew this was the spot I cried
When we found a bit of bone I was elated
When I knew we had succeeded I was a girl
When I knew the big wigs had failed I smirked
When I hear it’s true what we found I’ll believe
When I hear that we found Lt Stone I’ll drink
When I drink in memory of Stone I’ll invite him
When I drink with Stone I’ll invite Kurosawa
When we all drink together we will all smile
And say how silly mad bad sad war is
But how cool aeroplanes are
Then we will all be fine
And laugh and enjoy our destiny
For we have all lived
And walked this green land
And flown in its blue skies



 ----------

(I)

There was no heroes here,
laid out on the beach
cut to pieces
just the dying and the dead,

Those who went out to fight
for their queen and country
and those who didn’t come back
at the end of the day

There was no heroes here
holding onto their ears
or those shooting up in the air
trying to hit the enemy fighters

Those who went out to fight
for their queen and country
and those who had to be forced
at the end of the day.

There was no heroes here
no villains and heroes
just men and boys
swooping in demi darkness

Just men and boys
furled in an endless nightmare
sleeving emotions
marked across the beach.

Just men and boys
carved across the beach
praying for a way out
whether alive or dead.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.