Saturday 17 December 2016

FADE INTO FOCUS, FOCUS INTO FADE SKEWARD IMAGES A NATION IN FLAMES By Nick Armbrister Early Books


FADE INTO FOCUS, FOCUS INTO FADE
SKEWARD IMAGES
A NATION IN FLAMES

                                          By Nick Armbrister


Early Books

JOYS OF BEER


Let’s get drunk and have a laugh with lots of beer.
Any type will do because it’s the water of God,
life would grind to a halt if it wasn’t for our ale.
We sing its praises in a dozen pubs with a dozen pints.
Our talk is bollocks and all things insane in our crazy night
out on Oldham town.
As our night draws to a close we stumble about in a crazy swirling
world of beer, bollocks and bullshit, soon to be beer corpses.




TRASHY TV


Take a step back to the time of trashy TV and throw away heroes that became icons of a decade,
that decade is the eighties and techno services like Airwolf and Knightrider via The A-Team and Streethawk fried our brains,
the brainless audience, kids on speed and rat piss beer.
Now twenty years on, modern day counterparts are drab by comparison in the politically correct 21st century.
Nothing can reunite us with the past but the crappy series remain of trashy TV from a trashy decade.

TRAPPED IN A SUPERMARKET


I don’t know how I got here but here I am trapped in a supermarket,
it’s long after dark as I walk down aisles packed with tins and boxes,
long shadows leap from dark corners as I struggle to see in the subdued lighting.
Feeling hungry I eat a Mars bar. I find the liquor and break open some vodka to ease my mind,
I stop and look for a way out but there is none, I’ll have to wait while morning and the first customers,
I do hope I’m not caught when the staff come to work. I still can’t remember how I came to be here trapped like a rat in a trap;
my vodka will help pass the dark hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.