Saturday 10 December 2016

FADE INTO FOCUS, FOCUS INTO FADE SKEWARD IMAGES A NATION IN FLAMES By Nick Armbrister Early Books


FADE INTO FOCUS, FOCUS INTO FADE
SKEWARD IMAGES
A NATION IN FLAMES

                                          By Nick Armbrister


Early Books


£4.88

Your body was found dead in your flat, three months gone and smelling like hell.
They came and took you away, to the morgue downtown, an unhappy place.
Clearing your flat they found £4.88, not much to show for a lonely death.
Always on your own, eternally in death. How sad no one will see you buried, a pauper’s death, the undertaker the only witness at this solemn occasion.
C’mon, c’mon, wake up and shout: “Where’s my lost love? Where are my old mates?”
When you’re gone you’ll be just a corpse, a rotting corpse pushing up daisies.
How sad to be alone especially in death, a forgotten man, thrown away just like the rubbish




 

REMAIN


Huge solid mountain, a tower of strength before me, so frail am I in your presence.
My mind recoils in chaos as you are a picture of order, everlasting.
I am temporary, on my way out as my star sinks down towards the black depths.
Can’t fate rescue me and purge my world of sorrow, so I don’t suffer for eternity?
Let me be a mountain so everlasting and a monolith to the earth,
a picture of order and frail no more
but human I am and destined to remain.


TROPHY


Some girls collect men like trophies, fashion accessories to show their friends.
Am I such a trophy for you to say that you are with a Goth?
I think yes but I’m not in your head, so I keep my views in my head, just for me.
When will you find someone to replace me, as you trade in an old car for a nice new one?
Another trophy to show your mates, you a typical girl in her twenties, of the scally generation.



SPACE


Looking at our people from outer space, what would an alien think?
We create, we kill, we love, we hate – two extremes of madness, unbelievable life.
A collage of facts shaping our daily lives.
How do others view me and my actions in this, the life of a new century?
Time gives me a few years to do all I can and to try my best.

I trust life to give me a good hand of cards but is it so?

I can’t answer that – my Gothic ways take me onwards – 
into all that is weird and wonderful in my dark world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.