Tuesday 11 October 2016

Her Name is Hope – Life Force By Nick Armbrister poems

Cold Water

Now as heaven opens people start to wonder
if they will ever see the dawn.
Well, if we are lucky some will live
and some will die. It’s all down
to the catastrophic damage that man
has done to the atmosphere. The ozone
is gone and acid rain drenches
an entire continent. It falls like cold water
but it dissolves everything it touches
being the killer it is. This is man’s legacy
against the planet that is his home.



Success

It has come to me now after long waiting.
The wheel has turned full circle
and it makes me ever so happy.
A full year has passed of thinking,
of writing and of being published.
It’s only my endless patience
and making my own luck
that has led to it.
I’m ever so happy, it’s like a drug
that explodes in my head again and again.
The big day will be in June
when my poem is in the book
and the book in the shops.















A Break In The Old Routine

Do you ever find life gets dull?
And you need a break in the old routine?
Come with me and we’ll do just that.
It’ll be two fingers up to work as we go
for a drive down those winding country lanes
to somewhere long forgotten.
Maybe if we go to the right place
we will meet our past selves from other lives.
The trees speed past and the sky is ever so blue
and time has no meaning, almost like it doesn’t exist.
We are there now. It’s just what I expected
but only so much better. I’d like to stay here forever
and ever…




Beer Festival

It happens once a year and it’s all in the name of fun.
You could call it a sacred event as people who attend
are devoutly practising their religion.
They come from far and round to this beer festival
to drink their favourite ales from small obscure breweries.
Some will like what they taste, you notice it as soon
as you come through the door.
Now ten pints later we are ready to leave…
shaky but surely we head for the door and home.
When I wake up in the morning with a bad head
and look at my leaflets and cheap t-shirt,
I’ll smile at the fun I had and wish next years here sooner.



Poster Shop

At the bottom of the arcade in our town
there is a small poster shop.
It has been there years, never changing
always the same wooden front and flaky paint.
Step inside and enter a different world.
Look at the images on the walls.
Pictures of soaring birds, of dreamy fantasy prints,
of a plane against the sunset glowing red…
Hundreds of posters all on the walls
and tightly rolled in tubes just waiting
for someone to buy one.
I went in and bought one of a cold
snowy landscape of sometime long ago.
When you go in, what will you buy?




Tramp

I am an old tramp, as old as this town.
Long ago I was cast upon these streets
to either live or to die.
I managed to live and now here I am.
Yes, I’m happy, I have all day to myself
to let life glide on by.
There is no hassle for me
as I don’t have a job or no bills to pay.
I have a bit of cash with which to buy vodka,
a bottle a week does me fine.
Although I may smell, I’m very polite
and I call gentlemen “Sir” and ladies “Miss.”




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.