Monday 24 October 2016

Europa One Ebook – In the Dark Valley Between the World Wars By Nick Armbrister, Andy N

Lorraine
The bayonet. I've had it a decade. There's provenance here... not written I'm afraid. My mate Richard, who I went to school with in 82-87, had a lovely sister, Lorraine, from a different dad.
He was a soldier in the British army. He's dead now. He collected weapons, guns and bayonets. His wife asked Richard what to do with them. Some guns were real. I said tell any coppers the guns are replicas or deactivated. I had the bayonet.
The story... the soldier, my mate’s stepdad, was in combat in the (Alsace) Lorraine area of France. A huge battle was fought here. Many were killed on both sides. Alsace/Lorraine was part of France, then Germany, finally France, in this fight and in history. There's even a cross of Lorraine.http://www.lulu.com/shop/nick-armbrister-and-andy-n/europa-one-ebook-in-the-dark-valley-between-the-world-wars/ebook/product-22907637.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.