Monday 27 July 2020

Endure the Wave by Jimmy Boom Semtex

"It was... it was meant to happen," Jelma replied, almost a whisper. Her gaze was a thousand yards long.

"What? Why do you say that? Are you mad?" Chen was incredulous.

Those lovely eyes locked him in their gaze. "Do you believe in fate? That something will happen, no matter what. I do. Life has taught me that. The attack I survived over two decades ago is proof of that. It was fate Chen. Every single bit of it."

Chen thought long and hard. He looked inwards. Time passed. Finally he nodded. "Yes, I believe in fate. Because fate brought us together. It never had to but it did. I felt something was missing from my life. I felt that for most of my adult life. Even when busy studying or working, I felt it. And then I saw you, I knew it was meant to be. And I felt complete. So yes, I believe in fate. Of course, my story is very different from yours. Not as..." He couldn't finish his sentence. Profound as it was.

Jelma finished it. "Not as horrific, horrible, terrible, traumatic. And a thousand other evil bad words. Meaning pain beyond words. And meaning death."

"Oh fucking hell Jelma. I didn't want to say it. Fuck..." Chen looked at her. Her eyes were full of something. A survivor's guilt and something more. A fire, an inner strength that only people who've been to hell, and survived, have. Jelma had been to hell and she'd survived. Even though the cost was almost total: both parents dead, third degree burns, shrapnel wounds and who knew what else in her head.

"Yes, fucking hell. I was in hell. The North Korean terrorists put me there. But I endured and survived. Lots didn't, like my folks. I believe in karma and those terrorists will have a lot of bad karma to work through. Many lifetimes in fact. I don't hate them. I forgive them. Anyhow, it's good you believe in fate. It did bring us together." For the first time since meeting in the French restaurant, she smiled. And meant it.


https://www.scribd.com/book/262984331/Endure-the-Wave



Endure the Wave

by Jimmy Boom Semtex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.