Monday 1 May 2017

SO I LOVE MY COUNTRY

SO I LOVE MY COUNTRY


The scream of the shells and the sight of the smashed buildings make my town look like a war zone; that’s just what it is, so many have died. I’m past caring, I’ve seen so many fall, so pointlessly, at a dozen battles over this tortured country.
Your Russian planes will never break us – no, not ever even if it all leads to us all being killed.
Today my commander phoned up the Russian chief of staff but he hung up the phone,
we want a ceasefire and for you to leave our country and for this terrible war to stop.
Yet you’re not willing to talk, to negotiate, how can it stop? It will spiral downwards where only nuclear weapons will stop it, turning people to ash, the ground to glass and our country to nothing. All because you didn’t want to talk.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.