Thursday 4 May 2017

JUNIPER’S DAUGHTER – FRONTIER TOWN A novel by Nick Armbrister

   In the cargo bay of her saucer it was nearly dark, a faint relaxing purple light illuminated her friend. She removed his hideous restraints put in place by the wicked army to show they were the boss and it was the captive, a wicked act of power. The creature growled a greeting in a guttural tone. Juniper’s Daughter answered in a crystal clear voice, “Yes my friend it’s been a long time since we last met for that you have my sincerest apologies. I wanted to see you a dozen times over that period but I was so busy, my excuses and apologies are unforgivable. I wish I had seen you under more friendly circumstances.”
   “My lady, please don’t trouble yourself. I lived, I existed as I always will. I knew you looked over me from afar even if you weren’t with me. I understand your role and the job you have to do. Before my mother died she talked with great fondness of you, at how she missed you. Sarah was in great pain towards her end, it was the radiation that deformed me. It got into her body and poisoned her. My father John, he was stronger he fought it for a while, till it took him and left me an orphan. I buried my parents in the field by their stone house. They loved living there you know and the price was their lives and this, look at me. I’m a monster,” replied the creature sadly.
   Juniper’s Daughter was touched to tears that such a powerful creature could still show such sensitive human emotions. She held its hand in her small delicate feminine hands.
   “I knew your parents well; in my time here they became my friends and confidantes. They both endured so much in their young lives and paid a heavy price to help me bring change, a price paid in their friends’ blood. What their enemies did was unforgivable, that includes today’s actions of the army who took you prisoner. I destroyed their base and killed them all, including the ones who took you. I had no choice or they would hunt both of us down. They almost shot me down, they have some new weapons and sensors that tracked me, still they lost but we both have to be careful. Now they’ll want to avenge the loss of another base. We know their past behaviour, oh we slowed them down but the bastards will be back,” explained the emotional witch. She wiped a single tear away from her eye.
   “I was asleep in the cellar dreaming of my parents, how they loved me even though I was a freak. Their love was unconditional. Then the English army came into my cellar invading my home and took me; I fought back desperately and ripped some of them to bits with my bare hands. They injured me with guns and bullets. Would you please tend my wounds?” the monster gruffly said in broken English.
   “Yes, yes! Forgive me! I’m so sorry. I see you’re suffering in pain. I’ll do it right now, please forgive me for my error I should have treated you immediately and not made small talk. I’ve not been myself but that is no excuse! Here, I’ll heal you with my crystal. Show me where you wounds are, I can only see a few,” she stuttered rather confused. Her clear mind was cloudy for some reason. She approached the creature until she was right next to him; she looked at his hideous bullet, blast and shrapnel wounds.

   “Here I have bullets in my legs, my arms, my body and shrapnel in my left leg and back and other injuries. I know witch that you’re confused, that is the Devil playing with your mind. He controlled the English army and is responsible for this whole situation. By destroying the army base and killing the soldiers you put all of their plans on hold, temporarily. If you heal me successfully it’s a further victory for good against evil. We must not lose!” commented the monster, displaying an inner strength much greater than his physical one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.