Monday 1 May 2017

poems

MIRACLE


Endless miles of ocean stretching out before them,
compass needle wandering wildly, only option to fly
by the sun and hope for a miracle, their miracle.
Blue sky overhead for a thousand horizons,
nature’s world, mankind here is a guest,
as the small Electra plane is buffeted by turbulence,
two people aboard start to panic.
Where are we? We aren’t meant to be lost.
Of all my records, all my achievements,
it has to go wrong on this, my final hour.
Engines splutter, fuel gone. Go to glide
down to the ocean or find an atoll.
Just one chance to do this, lower and lower
the two of us and our plane falls.
Here we go, bellying onto the sea, one jolt
and we are down. Water coming in, get out,
get the raft and abandon the plane, which floats
on a calm sea, a silver cross on the big blue ocean,
so small…
We can only survive for a few hours and what then?
No one will know what happened to us or where we came down.
We are lost at sea, Earhart and Noonan, pilot and navigator.
One made a mistake and flew off course, now both
are lost forever, to become a legend.





PATH


There was one who taught me all, as she taught the witch
at the other side of the estate. We are meant to be the best,
no one touching us on our path.
Me and you, together we had it all,
I met you in the Crystal Chamber. You became my wife,
me the goth, you the witch, fairy tale story.
I became your student and learned all I could,
we toured Europe, saw the best gigs, had our tattoos.
My past caught up with me, tore us apart,
not a cat in hell’s chance. Those minds eye images
that nearly killed me, us, snapped at my heals for many a year.
You wanted my baby, why you married me, loved
me, would die for me.
You asked do I want to see my daughter?
Past demons tore me apart, the fall of us.
I married you for the companionship, it seems I was wrong.
You caught my shit, not your fault, for this I am sorry.
It had to end, I wasn’t happy.

Now years later, you got a new husband, got your child, are complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.