Saturday 17 June 2017

words

WRITER
I am a writer waiting for his break
on the dole again with little money
from the government, who I voted for back in 97,
they don’t mean nothing to me now.
What can I do? Swallow my pride
and do my low skilled job on national
minimum wage and be one of the grey people?
I don’t want much, just to write for a living
and use my writing spark to keep the wolf
from my door. My pride is low now, my talent
not recognised by my enemies in power.
So for them I don’t care and do this poem,
go to the grave for my cause.
Usual Goth poet seeking work,
take a chance if you dare.
I have and gave up my job to follow my dream.
So many people have let me down, lied to me
and broken my trust. I’ve gone as far as I can now
but I don’t care, I say fuck you all

and do my poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.