Sunday 23 July 2017

Dark Delectable Delicious Destructive - Poems For Goths, Gangsters and Other Mysterious Souls 20 Years of Nick Armbrister's Dark Poems

Dark Delectable Delicious Destructive -

Poems For Goths, Gangsters and Other Mysterious Souls


20 Years of Nick Armbrister's Dark Poems

NEW LAIR
Lestat walked down the street muttering to himself,
eying the tide mark faintly etched on the brickwork
of his once glorious house.
Damn! Katrina really did her job well swamping
my food source. No more food, no more jazz
on the airwaves, no more sultry summer evenings
on the French style streets. Is it worth re-building it again?
Do I leave my water-drenched lair for the more common
uncultured metropolis of New York?
To Hell with it! I need to feed, a victim
I must get more blood in my veins.
Here I go, up into the sky, preternatural powers taking over.
Soon, now, blood will be mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.