Friday 20 October 2023

Gotham Books scam

 i was sent these by 2 reps in a company pretending to be a publisher they wanted to pimp my 1st 2 books from decades ago... i deleted my name and the book titles... beware of such scams...

 

SCAM 1 ...

Mary Swift mswift@gothambooksinc.com
Tue, 17 Oct at 07:37
Hi Nick,
I'm Mary Swift from Gotham Books and I have a few questions about your book.
I was hoping I could talk to you about it so please let me know when would be
a good time to talk, and may I know the best phone number that I could reach you?
Because your book really caught our attention and we wanted to know more about your book.

You can also call me at 307-464-7800 ext 454 or simply reply to this email.
Thank you and have a great day.
I would really appreciate it if you'd be able to at least spare some moment of your time.

--
Best Regards,

Mary Swift
Literary Consultant | Gotham Books
E: mswift@gothambooksinc.com
P: 1- 307-464-7800 ext. 454
https://gothambooksinc.com/

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain Gotham Books confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack

.......................

SCAM 2 ...

John Perkins jperkins@gothambooksinc.com

Wed, 18 Oct at 01:46
Greetings Nick,

This is John Perkins from Gotham Books, the reason why I reached out to you is because we're helping out authors that have good potential but weren't guided accordingly by past publishers. Apparently, your book was recommended by a lot of book readers and critics here at Gotham and if I could ask a couple of questions with you that would be great! I would really love to know more about you and your book and get your perspective as the author on this.

At your most convenient time, please give me a call at my number, 307-464-7800 ext. 450, and I'll happily discuss things with you. We are located in Sheridan Wyoming, open from 10am-7pm Mountain Time.

I’m hoping to hear from you soon. Have a Great day!

Best Regards,

John Perkins
Literary Consultant | Gotham Books
E: jperkins@gothambooksinc.com
P: 1- 307-464-7800 ext. 450
https://gothambooksinc.com/

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain Gotham Books confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

Best Regards,

John Perkins
Literary Consultant | Gotham Books
E: jperkins@gothambooksinc.com
P: 1- 307-464-7800 ext. 450
https://gothambooksinc.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.