Thursday 3 January 2019

The Mission is a Pop Band – Nick Armbrister sample 2


Not all treasure is on a map. That is what the worried man told me. He kept looking over his shoulder and then fixed me with a stare. I actually took a step back. It was like he just struck me. In his eyes I saw something, madness, what? I’m not too sure. It was a malady from somewhere else. Almost like it was alien. And I was being drawn in like a spaceship caught in a tractor beam. He spoke.

“I tipped an alien flying saucer down into the lake. Up there,” the unhinged man said, pointing to the upper peaks. There was only one lake in the area and it was by the peaks.

I looked at him. Took in everything about him. His ripped jeans, dirty shirt and jacket, wild eyes. A low life mountain wannabe. The bastard has dragged me in by telling me this. What if it’s true and he’s not mad? People kill and get killed for information. Will I die? What if he has company waiting outside?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.